From a two-man crew to a team of over 250 strong, we’ve evolved as a company, our rich
history made us who we are today. This is the Windsor story:
In the beginning
Founded by Sol Ehrenberg and incorporated in New York in 1950 as Arenburg Electronics, we supplied wire & cable to transit and toll booth companies, as well as local and state government contracts.
- We were listed as “Arenburg Electronics” so we would be featured as the first listing in the Yellow Pages under “Buyers of Surplus Wire & Electronics”.
- For film buffs - Rumor has it that in the classic film, “The Godfather”, the toll booth was provided from Arenburg Electronics.
- Our initial warehouse was a 1,000 square ft. space located on Canal St, with 2 floors, and 2 employees. And a pulley elevator.
- When servicing our clients, pickups and deliveries were done in this Willys station wagon
In 1958, we relocated to a 2,000 sq ft space in Farmingdale NY, which would remain our home for the next 30 years. During this period, we expanded our team as well as our product offerings, servicing and developing relationships with new industries, while still making deliveries in the Willys station wagon.
- Adding electronics to our existing wire & cable product line, including: Line-corded products (1959), Electronic Vacuum Tubes used for Radio and TV and Military Components.
- Doubled in size to 4 employees.
- Landed our very first electronics customer, The Digital Equipment Corporation.
In 1988, we purchased the historical Ballantine Brewery building in Newark, NJ. During this period, we experienced dramatic growth, launching new internal and social outreach programs, and expanding our services worldwide to reflect the rapid global technological advancements.
- Increasing from 2,000 to 70,000 square ft space.
- Growing our team to 25 employees.
- Initiating our first downstream solutions for products
- Hiring our first disabled employees, as well as launching our veterans employment program.
- Sending employees to school for further education.
- Becoming the first company to process and test Bluetooth headsets and resell them as refurbished.
- Expanding our services to include pre-consumer Electronic Components.
- Creating our revenue-sharing consignment process for global brands, such as: Motorola, Leviton, Nokia, Ericsson, Flextronics and Boxcom.
It was during this period that the key merger of Arenburg Electronics and Windsor Distributors occurred, with the new entity renamed “Windsor Global”.
- Moving into a new, 135,000 square ft facility.
- Growing our team to 150 employees.
- Expanding into consumer electronics, including the refurbishing of computers and tablets, drones and robotics.
- Exclusive Reverse Logistics for Carriers, Distributors, and Retail Big Box Stores.
Here we are & where we’re headed
In 2015, Windsor purchased an 8-acre, state-of-the-art facility in Union, NJ. It is here that we’ve grown to over 250 employees, expanded our remerchandising services to include reselling services on alternative markets through our ecommerce presence, and developed the “Certified by Windsor” brand.
Being a customer centric service provider we always strive to change and refine as rapid as the industry does, and be able to provide top notch services and solutions to our clients and prospects.
The road ahead for Windsor Global includes branching out our total service solution and providing our service components to a wide array of clients as a whole or in part as follows:
- Packing & Packaging services
- Sort, Clean and packaging services
- Testing Analysis and Reporting Services
- Refurbishing and Repairs
- Warehousing Services
- Ecommerce Sales Services
- Customer Service
- Warranty Fulfillment